Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer Fun

Maybe it's because it is a Sunday. Maybe it’s because we finally have summer weather. Whatever the reason, the parks along the lakefront here in Kenosha were swarming with people this afternoon. Here’s a look at what some of them were doing. Isn’t that a great fountain?

What they don’t seem to be doing is riding bikes. That’s understandable with the heat index over 90. But I took this picture of Kenosha Bike Rentals anyway because a few weeks ago I posted a picture of Jeff’s bike rental business before he had the logo on his trailer.

When I saw Jeff this morning, he said, “Hey, Susan, anytime you want to update your picture, feel free to do so.” I took the hint and so this afternoon I went back with my camera and shot this. I was glad I had the camera with me so I could get these other shots of people having summer fun, too.

By the way, by the time I wrote this and uploaded the photos, the National Weather Service had issued a severe weather warning for heavy rain and flash floods. So much for a nice summer afternoon. I hope these people enjoyed their time outdoors before the storm.

No comments: