Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reflections

Water has reflective properties. That may not be exactly how a physicist would describe the way light changes direction at the water's edge, but I am sure you know what I mean. Who has not stood at the edge of a pond or a lake or even a bowl of water, and marveled at this phenomenon?

A poet would have different words and thoughts on reflection. Reflections on reflections, so to be speak. For now, I prefer to follow the advice given to writers – show, don’t tell, and I am going to show you three water pictures that show reflection.

The first two were taken this weekend in Western Massachusetts at a place called the Bridge of Flowers. Look carefully to see how the ovals are formed. The third photo was taken in my own backyard, at the local marina.

No comments: